Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Paul Bright - Cornwall Sustainable Building Trust


How old are you?
57

What’s your occupation and who do you work for?
I am an Environmental Scientist, with a building background, I manage both Cornwall Sustainable Building Trust and Sustain Cornwall Ltd.

How long have been doing this?
5 years.

What’s the best bit about your job?
Making a difference and effecting people to Change.

What’s the worst thing?
Dealing with blinkered people occasionally.

What have the last 12 months been like for you?
Too busy. I need help.

What were you doing before?
I was in Community Involvement with English Nature.

What was your very first full-time job?
A demolition worker.

Have you got any plans for the next 12 months you’d like to share with us?
I am working with colleagues on a Zero Carbon kit house for Cornwall- but I didn’t say that ….right?

What do you do to relax?
Play with my grand children and make cider.

Who do you live with?
My wife.

Whereabouts do you live?
On a smallholding in Cornwall.

If you were Prime Minister, what’s the very first thing you do?
Resign.

Have you got any guilty carbon secrets?
My secret is not to have secrets, what you see is what you get!

What have you done that you were most proud of?
Had kids and been there for them.

What are you most concerned about in the world at large?
Human greed.

Which person in the public eye do you most admire and why?
The Dalai Lama. I like his smile.

What advice would you give to someone wishing to embark on the same sort of work as you?
It’s a growth area, know your stuff and you should find a satisfying job and make a difference.

What’s your website address?
www.csbt.org.uk

What are your three favourite other websites?
I honestly don’t have 3 favourites.

1 comment:

eyanharve said...

i like your blog and thanks for sharing useful information.
- St Austell