Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Janey Lee Grace - Author of Imperfectly Natural Woman


How old are you?
Never ask a lady her age ! older than Kylie, younger than Madonna

What’s your occupation and who do you work for?
Presenter / journalist / author running ‘Imperfectly Natural’

How long have been doing this?
Approx 4 years writing, website 18 months

What is it about your job that makes it ethical?
My books and website are about living holistically, ethical and fair trade are crucial too.

What’s the best bit about your job?
All of it, I love sharing ideas about living holistically

What’s the worst thing?
Keeping up with everything that needs doing !

What have the last 12 months been like for you?
Manic – mad busy but wonderful

What were you doing before this?
I have been a presenter and writer for ages but only started the site after the success of Imperfectly Natural Woman – it hit number one on Amazon best sellers

What was your very first full-time job?
I was a backing singer for Mari Wilson and the Wilsations

What advice would you give to someone wishing to embark on the same sort of work as you?
Have a passion and make it happen

Have you got any plans for the next 12 months you’d like to share with us?
My new book Imperfectly Natural Home is due out May 08. My next CD Blissful Birth is out very soon and I aim to release a CD of songs – for fun

What do you do to relax?
Too rarely, I walk by the sea, Cornwall is my favourite place

Who do you live with?
Husband, 4 kids under 10 and au pair

Whereabouts do you live?
Herts

If you were Prime Minister, what’s the very first thing you would do?
Look at prevention rather than cure on the NHS and incorporate integrated care

As cheap and easily available oil is expect to run out in the next couple of decades, what do you think will be the predominant form of transport in 2027?
It will still be cars – on biofuels

Have you got any guilty carbon secrets?
Lots ! I’m imperfect remember ! , I drive a big car for my family of 6 and I’m scared to cycle

What have you done that you were most proud of?
Written Imperfectly Natural Woman and changed a few lives!

What single issue are you most concerned about in the world at large?
Sounds too trite - poverty

Which person in the public eye do you most admire and why?
Lesley Kenton – author. She started me on my ‘path’

What’s your website address?
www.imperfectlynatural.com

What are your three favourite other websites of the moment?
www.yestolife.co.uk (alternative options for cancer sufferers), www.moneysavingexpert.com, www.green.tv

No comments: